The The Traveller Mediation Service (TMS) is a partnership initiative, supported by Restorative Justice in the Community (RJC), funded by the Department of Justice and Equality.
We work to assist our clients and stakeholders to find ways to prevent, manage, and transform conflicts peacefully and effectively.
TMS is based in Athlone, County Westmeath. We accept mediation case referrals from Travellers, communities, and agencies.
We promote and deliver a number of training programmes in the area of conflict prevention and intervention.
TMS engages with a wide range of stakeholders including:
- Traveller families affected by conflict in the Midlands and beyond
- Gardai in the Midlands and beyond
- The Probation Service
- The Prison Service
- The four Local Authorities in the Midlands – particularly their housing sections
- The Judiciary
- Schools with Traveller student populations
- The Traveller Health Unit Midlands HSE
- The Traveller Primary Health Care Projects in Laois, Offaly, Westmeath and Longford
- Regional and national Traveller Organisations.