The The Traveller Mediation Service (TMS) is a partnership initiative, supported by Restorative Justice in the Community (RJC), funded by the Department of Justice and Equality.
We work to assist our clients and stakeholders to find ways to prevent, manage, and transform conflicts peacefully and effectively.
TMS is based in Athlone, County Westmeath. We accept mediation case referrals from Travellers, communities, and agencies.
We promote and deliver a number of training programmes in the area of conflict prevention and intervention.
TMS engages with a wide range of stakeholders including:
- Traveller families affected by conflict
- The Gardai
- The Probation Service
- The Prison Service
- Local Authorities
- The Judiciary
- Schools & Training Centres with Traveller student populations
- The Traveller Health Unit Midlands HSE
- The Traveller Primary Health Care Projects
- Regional and national Traveller Organisations
- The Traveller in Prisons Initiative ( St. Stephens Green Trust)