Traveller Mediation Service (TMS)
WHAT WE DO
TMS works to mediate conflicts between Travellers, between Travellers & Agencies, and between Travellers and the Settled Community.
The service promotes and delivers conflict prevention and intervention skills training and capacity building to TMS stakeholders.
HOW WE WORK
- By proactively responding to, and working to resolve, conflicts using mediation and other conflict intervention strategies where appropriate.
- By engaging with, building and strengthening relationships with Traveller families, Traveller organisations, and with organisations in which Traveller participate.
- By interacting and engaging with all the relevant statutory agencies.
- By implementing alternative dispute resolution through capacity building and training of Travellers and those working with them.
- By raising awareness, and promoting and disseminating MTCMI information to the wider community.